The Hive's mission is to be the most respected community events organisation in Cheshire, passionate about improving the quality of life for local residents.
We will provide and manage cultural venues, resources, volunteers, and know-how to help deliver projects and events, which inspire, engage and involve local residents and which celebrate our creative community, culture and heritage.
OUR VALUES & CHARITABLE OBJECTIVES
1. To promote for the benefit of the inhabitants of the Weaver Valley the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time occupation of individuals who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large in the interests of social welfare and community cohesion with the object of improving the condition of life of the said inhabitants.
2. To advance in life and help young people living or studying in the Weaver Valley through:
(a) The provision of recreational and leisure time activities provided in the interest of social welfare, designed to improve their conditions of life;
(b) Providing support and activities which develop their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as mature and responsible individuals.
3. To promote social inclusion in the Weaver Valley for the public benefit by preventing people from becoming socially excluded, relieving the needs of those people who are socially excluded and assisting them to integrate into society.
For the purpose of this clause ‘socially excluded’ means being excluded from society, or parts of society, as a result of one of more of the following factors: unemployment; youth or old age; discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, disability, ethnic origin, religion, belief, creed, sexual orientation or gender reassignment; relationship and family breakdown.
4. To advance the education of the public in relation to music, in particular by means of live performances and musical events.
5. To develop the capacity and skills of the members of the socially and economically disadvantaged communities within the Weaver Valley in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet, their needs and to participate more fully in society.
In furtherance of these objects but not otherwise, the trustees shall have power to establish or secure the establishment of a community venue and to maintain or manage such a centre for activities promoted by the charity in furtherance of the objects.